Ode to Mom. On her birthday. February 6, 2010.

Written on Saturday 26 September, 2009.
------------------------------------------
I went to bed and I heard people laughing outside...

When I felt desperate enough, I stepped out of my room and while walking down the hallway to the living room I heard her say:

"Do you want to play? I play a song and you have to guess the artist's and the song's name."

Why not? I can barely stand because of my backache, but a game night with my mom?... SCORE!

It was when she started playing old songs that she used to play when I was a little girl and she started to dance like she used to dance when she was a teenager, that reinforced what I have always believed. My mom is just pure fun.

On our way home from work we are able to laugh our tears away and even when I have been crying all day, I thank God that I can smile a hint when I'm with her again. Then when I laugh so hard, I feel the urge of crying again and because I'm laughing so hard no one notices that I'm really crying.

Not always on the same page, always on the same house. Figuring this out? We are cooler than that!

Not always getting along, always trying to dream.

I left the nest, came back for a vacation and when it was time for me to say goodbye I had already left my soul with her. I had to come back, and while facing rejection and severe critics I listened to my heart and returned to my soul.

I want to follow my dreams. She wants me to be happy.

I need to leave the nest. I am independent but I live at home.

I need to travel because my dreams are far away. I want to travel with her.

Have her beside me when I get rejected and have her by my side when I land my most important part.

While writing this, I think of a song that goes and defines a relationship just perfectly:

"Every long lost dream led me to where you are,
other who broke my heart, they were like northern stars,
pointing me on my way into your loving arms.
This much I know is true,
that God blessed the broken road
that led me straight to you."




Happy Birthday Mammy!!! :)

-loveyouloveyouloveyou-
-Alejandra ;)


Comments