This Begins and Ends in the Same: Love... (English)

This begins and ends in the same: love...

Why does it makes us smile but better yet, why does it make cry?
Why do we want to be ourselves but better yet, why do we want to change?
Why do we search for it but better yet, why do we hide from it?
Why does it make us good but better yet, why does it make us bad?
Why do we love but better yet, why do we need to feel loved with such intensity?
Why do we fall in love but better yet, why do we get our hopes up?

Talking about getting our hopes up... I've always believed that we get our hopes up all by ourselves. We always end up falling for something that doesn't exist, never existed and never will exist. That's the biggest mistake and I admit it, I've done it. Too many times to be exact.

Let's be honest, when we like a person the first thing we say is: "I have to be myself." But let's look at ourselves after a couple of weeks, we change totally to become a person that the one we like actually likes. I admit it too, it's happened to me and I've seen it happen. How much do we love ourselves and how much do we love that person as to be ourselves or change? That's the big question.

I have a story, it's not complete but, oh well...

Almost 7 years ago I met a guy, a really good friend to be exact. Since "almost 7 years ago" I like that good friend, but because of life circumstances; couples, distance, etc.; I never did anything. I was there through his goods and bads as did he. I had a boyfriend, he had a girlfriend, I left, he stayed, I came back and he's still here. It was weird to finally realize that I've always liked him, that he has always been there.

Now I have the opportunity but not the posibility and when I had the posibility I never had the opportunity... I feel as if my hands were tied or better yet, a if my heart was tied because I love him... After "almost 7 years" my biggest fear is to lose him as a friend. If you knew him, you'd be on my side.

This story is missing an end, and now that I write it I realize it doesn't have one, it doesn't have a happy ending.

It's only fair to say that in the name of love we do many things and most of them are not the best. I don't believe in the saying: "All is fair in love..." All is not fair in love, it's not fair to be unhappy and make our someone special unhappy too. It's just not fair.

I haven't written in a long time and today, writing, helped me put my feelings on the line.

Thanks for reading me.

-loveyouloveyouloveyou-
-Alejandra ;)

Comments